The YSI 550A dissolved oxygen meter features a waterproof IP-67, impact-resistant case and innovative field-replaceable DO electrode modules. Measure temperature and dissolved oxygen simultaneously using highly accurate thermistors and YSI's proven polarographic technology for dissolved oxygen. The fastest DO response times on the market.
Measurements are fast and easy with one-hand operation, an easy-to-use backlit display, automatic push-button calibration, and a weighted, quick-sinking probe. The YSI 550A DO has a built-in calibration chamber, low-battery indicator, direct salinity, and altitude compensation. The instrument provides simultaneous readings of oxygen and temperature. Dissolved oxygen readings are automatically compensated for temperature.
Screw-on cap membranes make membrane changes easier than ever. The PE membranes are also faster responding and require far less flow dependence.
The replaceable electrode decreases any down time due to old or damaged electrodes. Simply unscrew the old electrode, replace it with a new one, and calibrate! No need to send it in or to replace the whole cable assembly. The cables are now even stronger!
Rental includes: meter, carrying case, instruction manual, 1" DO probe with 50 or 100' cable.
- Operating Range: DO: 0 to 200 mg/L, with accuracy of ±0.3%, 20 to 50 mg/L, with accuracy of ±6%
- DO (% Saturation): 0 to 200% Accurate to ±2%, 200 to 500%, Accurate to ±6%
- Resolution: 0.1% Air Saturation or 1%; selectable
- Temperature: -5 to 45°C with accuracy of ±0.3°C
- Salinity Compensation: 0 to 40 PPT
- Operating Time: 2000 hours @ 25°C
- Power Source: Four (4) Size C Alkaline Batteries
- Probe: 1" x 4"