For field work in fresh or sea water this Dissolved Oxygen system offers high accuracy and complete portability. The Model 55 measures and simultaneously displays Dissolved Oxygen in mg/L or percent Oxygen and Temperature with high accuracy. Features include Temperature and Salinity compensation, a backlit LCD display, push-button calibration and built-in calibration chamber. Engineered for field use, the ergonomically-designed system is hand-held and weights just 10 pounds, including the cable and probe.
This instrument features a visual warning when the batteries are running low. Housed in a waterproof case, the unit's probe is constructed of stainless steel which allows it to sink easily.
Rental includes: YSI 55 dissolved oxygen meter, carrying case, instruction manual, DO probe with 25' cable. Purchase sodium sulfite DO zero cal powder separately under part number SOLO1001.
- Operating Range: Dissolved Oxygen: 0 to 20 mg/L, with accuracy of ±0.3%; 0 to 200% accurate to ±2%
- Temperature: -5 to 45ºC with accuracy of ±0.4ºC
- Salinity Compensation: 0 to 40 PPT
- Altitude Compensation: 0 to 10,000 feet
- Resolution: 0.01 mg/L
- Dissolved Oxygen: 0.01 mg/L; 0.1% Air Saturation
- Temperature: 0.1ºC
- Operating Time: 100 hours
- Power Source: (6) AA-size alkaline batteries
- Probe: 1" x 4"