ALTAIR 4, Multi-gas Detector for LEL, CO, H2S, and O2 is the only portable gas detector with an optional MotionAlert™ feature. When enabled, the MotionAlert will activate an audible alarm if the instrument does not detect motion for 30 seconds and is ideal for confined space entry applications. This unique gas detector function can be deactivated by the user. A high-contrast display and three large, rubberized buttons enable easy operation in low-light conditions.
The rubber over-molded housing is easy to grip, rated IP67 against dust and water ingress and passes a 10+ foot drop test. This unit is equipped with a 95+ dB audible alarm and ultra-bright alarm LEDs on both its top and bottom for maximum visibility. Vibrating alarm and datalogging are standard features.
MSA's ALTAIR 4, Multi-gas Detector is Galaxy® System compatible for calibration and record keeping; a QuickCheck™ Test Station for fast, easy bump testing is also available. The ALTAIR 4 Multi-gas Detector is MSA Link™ Software-ready.
- Sensor Range: Resolutions:
- Oxygen: 0 to 25% by volume Oxygen: 0.1% Vol
- Combustibles: 0 to 100% LEL Combustibles: 1% LEL
- Carbon Monoxide: 0 to 999 ppm Carbon Monoxide: 1 ppm
- Hydrogen Sulfide: 0 to 200 ppm Hydrogen Sulfide: 1 ppm
- Datalogging Intervals: 15 seconds to 15 minute at 1 minute intervals
- Software: MSA Link Ready (not included - available upon request)
- Audible Alarm: >95 dB at 30 cm
- Visual Alarm: 4 ultra-bright LEDs on top and bottom
- Weight: 7.4 oz.
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Li-Polymer battery
- Run Time: 16 hours
- Listings: Class I, Div. 1, Groups A B, C, D, Class II, Div.1 Groups F & G. T4
- Temperature: Normal operation: 0 to 40°C; Extended Operation: -20 to 50°C; Short periods [15 minutes]: -40 to -20°C