The NeutronRAE II’s high sensitivity can alert users to the presence of a radiation threat well before they might be exposed to health-threatening levels. Designed for use in rough environments, it is immersible (IP67) in water for easy decontamination, and a concussion-proof case provides shock protection if the detector is dropped. The two-button operation is designed for use even in Level A protection suits with two layers of gloves. Features fast response time for both the neutron and gamma radiation. Alarm modes can be set to operate in "Search Mode" based on local background radiation levels or "Safety Mode" providing high and low alarm levels based on absolute dose rates. Kit includes NeutronRAE II personal radiation detector, belt clip, 2 AA alkaline batteries, wrist strap, user’s guide, calibration certificate and ProRAE Studio II software.
- Detects neutrons from weapons-grade Plutonium (239Pu)
- Sensitive CsI and LiI scintillators for excellent search capability and fast response
- Prominent visible, audible and vibration alarms
- Continuous digital readout in µR/h (µRem/h), µSv/h (µSieverts/h) and cps (counts per second) for gamma; cps (counts per second) for neutron radiation
- Dust and shock resistant
- Two AA Alkaline batteries last up to 600 hours
- Large, 30,000-point datalog capacity, downloaded via cable-free Bluetooth® connection
- Radiation Detector : Gamma: 1cc CsI (TI) with Photodiode and Neutron:1cc LiI (Eu) with Photodiode
- Energy Range: Gamma: 0.06 to 3.0 MeV, Neutron: thermal to 14 MeV
- Dose Equivalent Rate (DER) Range for 137Cs: 1 to 20 mR/h (0.01 to 200 µSv/h)
- Accuracy of DER ±20%
- Neutron Measuring Range: 1 to 100 cps
- Dose Range: 1 µR to 999 R (0.01 µSv to 9.9 Sv), gamma only
- Calibration: Periodic functional test recommended using 0.5 µCi or higher 137Cs check source. Factory calibration available if needed.